Support for this project was provided by the Office of the Provost - Vice Provost for Global and Engaged Education.
The content on resiliency and its applicability to international travel was developed by the University of Michigan Psychological Clinic staff. The concern to develop psychological resilience in students going on overseas experiences came from many years of clinical work. We are aware of the profound impact that unforeseen challenges can have on students' lives both in the field and when they return to university life. We offer these tools and insights to assist in that transition . We thank all those of who shared their struggles and accomplishments with us, and we hope that this website will help others to have a rich and life-changing adventure as they explore the world.
- Kathleen L. Lopez, Office of Global Activities Program Manager, School of Social Work
- Lawrence S. Root, Office of Global Activities Director and Professor, School of Social Work
- Melissa Q. Meyer, Clinical Fellow, University Psychological Clinic
- Todd K. Favorite, Director, University Psychological Clinic and Assistant Professor of Psychiatry, Medical School
- Kelly A. Kowatch, Service Engagement Program Manager, School of Information
- Susan E. Watts, Director of Social Work Training, University Psychological Clinic
- Sandra K. Wiley, Director International Study, Stamps School of Art & Design
- Brandon H. Patterson, Office of Global Activities Intern, School of Social Work
- Blake D. Wagner, Creative Director
- Peter Leix, Cinematographer & Editor
- Original music composed by Collin McRae Leix
Special thanks to the individuals who shared their stories and those who participated in the making of the videos.
Website UX Design
- Mengdi Zhang, Masters Student, School of Information
- Robert F. LaRoe, Webmaster, School of Social Work
- Randall C. Bilby, Web Developer, School of Social Work
This site was developed in a partnership of:
- The University Psychological Clinic
- The School of Social Work
- The School of Information
- The Stamps School of Art and Design